Magnolia obovata

Magnolia obovata leaf in April.

Magnolia obovata leaf in April.

Magnolia obovata leaf in April.

Magnolia obovata leaf in April.

It started suddenly this morning. To my surprise, I certainly felt that myself and my mind and body were certifying and executing commands from my brain.

Magnolia obovata for cuttings and transplants.  By the window on the northeast side of the kitchen.
We can touch them from the window. The mountain is steep and rocky, with not enough soil and space to grow this year. It's about 5-6m high, so I hesitated to cut it myself.

Unexpectedly, I could cut well and quickly. Then, I bisected it and cuttings transplanted them. To the south to block the west sun.

I guess the gardening book says to cut it shorter... like 20~30cm for each, soaking in a while or one night for cuttings...brb But for the most part, my method succeeds. Te he he.
My cuttings for each, 2m more. I know, Magnolia obovata is incredibly strong.

It was warm... such a hot today. I wanted to do this when it was cloudy. I believed the weather report.
In the evening, it's getting cooler and I checked the cuttings and transplanted them. They look really fine.

I'm looking forward to May.  Because we will use leaves for traditional Japanese food.


Comments

Translate